Thursday, May 13, 2010

Peserta # M.2.d

My Green Way To Save The Environment



          Assalamualaikum. Hi, my name is Peserta # M.2.d and these are three things I do to save the environment. But first, let me tell you the things that threaten the environment. One of the major threats to the environment is global warming. Global warming is when too much greenhouses gases covers the atmosphere and traps the heat given by the sun and makes our planet earth warmer.
Greenhouses gases can be CO2 or methane gas. CO2 is gas we breathe out and smoke from a vehicles gas pipes. Some Methane gas are coming from livestock poop and decaying plants process.
A tip for saving the earth is to follow the three Rs, they are Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
I will tell you what I do with that 3R.

          The First thing is Reducing. Reducing is the process of reducing amount of energy or resource we consume and amount of waste we produce. I do composting to reduce waste at home. Compost is soil mixed with old fruits and vegetables, sticks and leaves and even egg cartoons and coffee filters. All I do is combine them all, add worms, mix it to aerate the soils and in about two months the bottom of my compost pile can be used to fertilize my mom’s garden. This is reducing, because I reduce the amount of trash that we normally throw away.

          The Second thing is Reusing. Reusing is the process using our thing more than once, so we don’t create a lot of waste or junk. I think I do this a lot. Like, I use my last year bag pack for this year, and I use my old pencil box too, because they are still good.

          The third thing is Recycling. Recycling is the process of turning old things into new things. At home I help my parents to put paper, plastic, and, certain metal in special bins, so later the city or other company will recycle them and turn them into new paper, new plastic bottle and new cans.

          So these are my ways to save the environment. Please do not be careless to our environment, because we are stewards on this earth which means we have to do good care to our environment. A good Muslim will always be thinking green too. Good bye. Assalamualaikum.

1 comment: